January 3, 2014: Winter Science Exploration Event
December 13, 2014: Sisters4Science Leadership Retreat
October 22, 2014: Sisters4Science begins at Marquette Elementary School
October 16, 2014: Ten80 Expo/STEM Fest
*In collaboration with Ten80, The US Army, Chicago Botanic Gardens, and Chicago Public Schools, students will participate in workshops, presentations, and a Maker Fair to learn more about opportunities and career possibilities in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
October 8, 2014: Sisters4Science begins at Ariel Community Academy
September 19, 2014: Sisters4Science begins at Frederick Funston Elementary School
September 16, 2014: Sisters4Science begins at Woodson North Middle School
July 7 – August 8, 2014: Forensic Investigators Summer Program
April 14-18, 2014: Spring Break STEM Programming
May 23, 2014: Girl’s Health and Science Day
May 30, 2014: Sisters4Science: Reflection of Knowledge
December 13, 2013: Sisters4Science: Reflection of Knowledge
* The Sisters will be reflecting on a semester of learning at Woodson North Middle School. The program begins at 8pm.
October 30, 2013: Sisters4Science: Critical Mass Launch Party With Sara Paretsky
* Women & Children First, Sara Paretsky and Sisters4Science are teeming up! Along with a reading from Sara’s new novel, Critical Mass, the Book Launch will feature presentations from S4S students. Profits from the sale of Critical Mass will be donated to S4S.
March 23, 2013: Sisters4Science: Retreat
* Day trip to the Garfield Park Conservatory were girls completed three scavenger hunts, lunch and a tour of The Plant a vertical farm and food business operation. They were accompanied by Diane Hickey-Davis and Gulrana Syed.
April 3, 2013: Sisters4Science: Introduction Session
* An Ice Cream Social kicked-off the first after school session at Ariel. The girls made their own ice cream while learning about key ingredients and how using salt and dry ice were used to make ice cream. They were also introduced to S4S and the Program Assistants Reem Elorbany and Nedum Aniemeka.
April 10, 2013: Sisters4Science: Code of Conduct
* S4S values putting girls at the center by shaping the experience to what is most important to them. The girls will create a code of conduct the reflects what they feel is important to their exploration of science and leadership.
April 24, 2013: Sisters4Science: Flood Risk Management
* Facilitated by US Army Corp Engineers Natalie Mills and Akilah Martin girls constructed four levees using different materials with the objective to observe what materials worked best.
May 1, 2013: Sisters4Science: Water and Soil Characterization – Data and Observation Reporting
* Facilitated by US Army Corp Engineer Christel Johnson girls will conduct a lab activity that will emphasize the importance of data collection and reporting through water and soil characterization.
May 8, 2013: Sisters4Science: Civil Engineering
* Facilitated by US Army Corp Engineer Ganiyat “Faye” Leffler. Activity to be updated.
May 15, 2013: Sisters4Science: TBD
* US Army Corp Engineers Natalie Mills and Akilah Martin will return to provide a continuation of their May 1st activity.
May 22, 2013: Sisters4Science: Reflection of Knowledge Preparation
* S4S girls will prepare for a culminating event where they are able to showcase their scientific knowledge they gained through the program but most importantly their leadership skills. Program Assistants Reem and Nedum will aid the girls in preparing what they choose to present.
May 22, 2013: Sisters4Science: Reflection of Knowledge
* S4S girls will invite parents, friends, engineers and school staff to their Reflection of Knowledge to share their experience and celebrate their achievements.